JOY. are independent concert promoters and event organizers based in the heart of Brighton. We promote over 200 events across the UK every year for an eclectic range of artists including Interpol, Architects, The Flaming Lips, Bat For Lashes, Declan McKenna, Moderat, Gaz Coombes, The Big Moon, RY X, Kamaal Williams, Stereolab, Miles Kane, 2manydjs, The Damned, John Newman, Inhaler, Skunk Anansie, Orville Peck, Dead Kennedys, Kokoroko, The Lathums, Shame, Father John Misty and many more.
As well as promoting concerts, we manage the calendars of several established concert venues, including Concorde2 in Brighton. We also run several festivals in England, including On The Beach Festival, which recently brought a total of 34,000 music lovers to Brighton Beach for 4 days to watch sold-out performances by Fatboy Slim, Carl Cox, Andy C and more. others.
We are looking for a creative and driven individual to join our team as Marketing Coordinator. This person will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of marketing for JOY. and our customers’ venues and festivals.
- Manage daily activities on online accounts and social networks for JOY. and all affiliates
- Develop and implement excellent online and out-of-home marketing strategies
- Manage and record marketing campaign budgets
- Build and execute Facebook advertising marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales and increase brand awareness
- Design bespoke, template-based artwork and digital content, event listings, and engaging social media content
- Arrange local and regional print orders and distribution
- Manage and update lists on the JOY. Web page
- Create general newsletters and dedicated event mailers
- Identify new avenues and channels to connect with potential customer bases
- Liaise with industry partners on artist and event marketing strategies and plans
- National and international event work and company representation if required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in live event marketing, or a similar role (preferred)
- A passion and knowledge of the music industry and live events
- Substantial experience working on various social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (essential)
- Working experience of Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Ads Manager (essential) and knowledge of other paid advertising platforms (beneficial).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop (preferred)
- Proven track record of compiling and driving creative marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales and build brand awareness (an asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of digital and marketing trends
Skilled online writer (preferred)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and at pace
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) plus weekends and evenings, as applicable. In addition to your statutory office hours, you will be required to work 24 events per year on a prorated basis. Domestic and international travel may be required.
Leave: 28 days of annual leave including public holidays.