RWL’s Sports, Gaming and Facilities Practice Group is led by the firm’s Managing Partner, Alan M. Rifkin.
AUSTIN, TEXAS, USA, March 17, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Hackney Publications announced today that its readers have identified Rifkin Weiner Livingston LLC as one of the few law firms that are leaders in the field of sports law in its annual list of “100 law firms with the sports law practices you need to know. »
In addition to recognizing law firms for their achievements, the portal serves as a resource for those who need experienced and knowledgeable legal advice in the area of sports law.
RWL’s Sports, Gaming and Facilities Practice Group is led by the firm’s Managing Partner, Alan M. Rifkin. Alan is a recognized sports, commercial and business lawyer who has represented numerous national and international corporations and institutions for over three decades. He is nationally recognized for his experience in sports, media and gaming law; as such, he has often been called upon to educate his peers on evolving legal issues in this area and is also an Adjunct Professor of “Sports and Law” at the University of Maryland Carey School of Law.
RWL provided services and advice to the Maryland Jockey Club, Preakness® Stakes, Ripken Baseball, Tufton Professional Baseball, Baltimore Orioles and Mid-Atlantic Sports Network® in the areas of:
• Law on the governance of professional sports associations
• Media rights
• Sports broadcast networks
• Sports facilities
• Sports related transactions
• ADA accessibility
• Installation Safety Act
• Financing of sports entities
• Protection of trademarks and copyrights
“Companies like Rifkin Weiner Livingston are leaders in the field and are responsible for creating and sustaining an efficient sports industry that delivers the best possible product to hundreds of millions of fans around the world in a profitable way,” said Holt Hackney, the founder of Hackney Publications, which has published sports law periodicals for more than two decades.
Notable depictions include:
• Led a negotiation team for the Maryland Jockey Club, the Stronach Group and the Preakness Stakes® for a multi-million public/private partnership for the reconstruction of Pimlico Racecourse and Laurel Park
• Represented the Baltimore Orioles in negotiations with Major League Baseball regarding compensation for the Orioles in connection with the relocation of the Washington Nationals to Washington, DC, including the formation and development of the Mid-Atlantic Sport Network
• Represented the Baltimore Orioles in a pay-TV rights and contract dispute with Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
• Negotiated the Baltimore Orioles spring training facility lease with Sarasota County, Florida
• Advised and represented the Governor of Maryland and administration (prior to the Maryland General Assembly and agencies) regarding the approval and funding of Oriole Park at Camden Yards
• Represents the Maryland Jockey Club, owner of the Preakness® Pimlico Stakes and Racetrack in a wide variety of commercial, regulatory and litigation matters
About Hackney Publications
Hackney Publications is the leading national publisher of sports law periodicals. The company was founded by journalist Holt Hackney. Hackney began his career as a sportswriter, before tackling the then fledgling pace of sports business at Financial World Magazine in the late 1980s. A few years later, Hackney began writing about the law, managing five legal bulletins for LRP Publications. In 1999 he founded Hackney Publications. Today, Hackney publishes or co-publishes 14 sports law periodicals.