DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Plant-Based Protein: Global Markets” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The report will provide an up-to-date review of the global Plant Protein Market, focusing on its source, type, and application. Definitive and detailed estimates and forecasts of the global vegetable protein market are provided, followed by a detailed analysis of regions, countries and manufacturers.
Proteins are fundamental nutrients needed by the human body and include the essential amino acids needed to build muscle. Plant proteins are the proteins extracted from vegetable sources such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, oilseeds, cereals, peas, lentils, etc. Major sources of plant protein include pea, soy, wheat, potato and canola., Proteins which are obtained from various animal sources including eggs, milk, whey, casein and eggs, among other things, are called animal protein.
Plant proteins contain all the essential amino acids needed by the body. As plant protein has lower calorie count, it can replace animal protein for weight loss and hence is preferred by consumers. Plant proteins contain a good amount of fiber compared to animal proteins, which increases their consumption in beverages, animal feeds and infant nutrition.
Vegetable proteins are increasingly used in the food and beverage sector as they supplement the protein content. Growth in the food and beverage sector, primarily in Brazil, India, China and Mexico, owing to increased domestic consumption coupled with the adoption of modern agricultural technologies, is expected to drive the protein market soon plants.
The plant protein market by source is segmented into soy, wheat, pea, canola, potato, rice and others. On the basis of types, plant protein is segmented into isolates, concentrates, and others. Plant proteins are used in a variety of applications, including food and beverages, infant formula, personal care and cosmetics, animal feed, and nutritional and health supplements. Rising awareness of nutrient enrichment and rising health awareness has increased the importance of dietary supplements and is expected to have a favorable impact on the growth of the market.
Additionally, the growing importance of protein consumption among vegetarians is expected to positively impact the market over the forecast period. Growing concerns over dairy allergies and animal or meat-borne diseases and allergies are expected to fuel the demand for plant-based proteins during the forecast period.
Changing trends in the fortification of functional ingredients in the food and beverage industry due to the growing demand for additional health benefits in various food products is expected to drive the demand for plant-based proteins. The growth of the food and beverage industry, mainly in Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, China and the Middle East, due to rising domestic consumption and growing foreign direct investment, is expected to accelerate the market growth.
In addition, population growth, increasing disposable income and increasing urbanization in Asia-Pacific countries, especially India and China, are expected to favor the food and beverage industry during the forecast period. This, in turn, is expected to have a positive impact on the plant and dairy protein market over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is expected to be one of the most promising markets due to growing domestic consumption in China and India in light of new product launches by many food and beverage manufacturers.
The report will include an analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on the vegetable protein market globally. The impact analysis will cover the impact of the pandemic on demand, supply and prices.
The market size and estimates are provided in terms of value (US$ million) and volume (kilo tons), considering 2021 as the base year, and a market forecast will be provided from 2022 to 2027. Market size regionally relative to the source, type and application are provided. The impact of the impact of COVID-19 has been taken into account in the marketing estimate.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each regional plant protein market. Further, it explains the key drivers and regional dynamics of the global plant protein market and current trends within the industry. The report ends with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the market.
The report includes
- 205 data tables and 57 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview of the global plant protein market within the industry
- Global market trend analyses, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections to 2027
- Assessing and forecasting the global plant protein market size in terms of value and volume, and analyzing the corresponding market share based on protein source, type, application and region
- Latest insights on market opportunities and drivers, key changes and regulations, industry-specific challenges, and other macroeconomic factors that will shape this market demand in the coming years (2022-2027)
- Country specific data and analysis for Plant Protein including USA, Canada, Brazil, China, India, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Argentina
- Discussion of industry supply chain analysis providing a systematic study of major intermediaries involved, with an emphasis on region-specific market regulations for plant-based proteins
- Discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on the demand and supply of plant proteins, price analysis at global and regional levels and various strategic decisions taken by the government to stimulate the market
- Patent Review and Analysis of Granted Plant Protein Patents
- Major M&A agreements, partnerships, collaborations and joint ventures as well as other strategic alliances in the market
- Identification of key stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and industry revenue
- Descriptive company profiles of major plant protein manufacturers including ADM, Cargill Inc., IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Kerry Group, Glanbia Plc and Wilmar International Ltd.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Aims and objectives of the study
- Reasons for doing this study
- What’s new in this report?
- Report scope
- Targeted audience
- Sources of information
- Geographical distribution
- Analyst titles
- Personalized search
- Related Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Supply chain analysis
- Supply of raw materials
- Marketing and distribution
- end users
- Regulatory guidelines
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of suppliers: low
- Bargaining power of buyers: moderate
- Substitute Threat: High
- Threat of new entrants: moderate
- The intensity of competitive rivalry: high
- Impact of Covid-19 on the vegetable protein market
- Impact of Covid-19 on request
- Impact of Covid-19 on supply
- Technology Overview
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Growth Factors
- Growing Alternative Protein Market
- Increased protein consumption
- Increased demand for sports nutrition
- Growth of the dietary supplements market
- Market constraints
- Challenge of Flavor Masking in Vegetable Proteins
- Increased penetration of the animal protein market
- Low acceptance of plant proteins other than soy
- Supply chain disruption due to Russian-Ukrainian war
- Market opportunities
- Growing trend of veganism
- Launches of new herbal products
- Increased usage in new applications
- Increase in demand for vegan cosmetics and personal care products
Chapter 5 Price Analysis
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Source
- soy protein
- wheat protein
- pea protein
- rapeseed protein
- rice protein
- Potato protein
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Type
Chapter 8 Market Split by Application
- Food and drinks
- Infant formula
- Personal care and cosmetics
- animal feed
- Nutrition and Supplements
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- The rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Chapter 10 Patent Examination
Chapter 11 Competitive Landscape
- Market share analysis
- Strategic initiatives
- New product launches
- Extensions and investments
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Patents, Licenses, Innovations and Awards
Chapter 12 Business Profiles
- Amco Proteins
- Axiom Foods Inc.
- Burcon Nutrascience Corp.
- Beneo GmbH
- bunge ltd.
- Chs inc.
- Cosucra Groupe Warcoing Sa
- Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. Kg
- Top Brands
- Glanbia plc
- Glico Nutrition Co. Ltd.
- IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Ingredion Inc.
- Kerry Group
- Puris Foods
- Roquette Brothers Rosemary
- Tate & Lyle plc
- The Emsland Group
- Scoular Company (The)
- Wilmar International Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kr366v
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For the United States and Canada, call toll-free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900